Monday, February 21, 2011

Catch up and Complete Week

This week was a catchup and complete week.... I had several projects that needed to be done for some friends.... a new tote bag for one.... 2 blankies embroidered with names for another and a set of 8 beanbags for a third...........

Antoehr UFO bites the dust also... that's #8 for this year!!! My WOB pile is building.... snowman, placemats and now this table mat need their bindings yet... not bad... 5 done with 3 to go.......

I purchased another 16" pillow form...that will get used this week hopefully... found a pattern in my stash for a flip pillow and since I can't seem to find any 12" pillow forms anywhere I'll have to do the 16" one.........I also picked up a quilters dream batting to try it... I'm a warm and natural/white person myself but they tell me this stuff is thinner and warmer and easier to use........ we'll see

This is also 100% cotton so it might work for tater bakers too.... since I've found that the warm and natural/white isn't 100% cotton like they said it was.... and I'm not paying for ** special tater batting**....... hmmmmmm

I also finished up my Bitty Blocks for March ... aliens and teacups... I'll post a pic here... since I can't post them on Flickr til March 1st.... I really had fun with both of these........

I also got caught up on my embroidery club blocks... 9 embroidered coffee themed blocks... with a 12 fabric scrappy set of borders in browns, tans and a hint of blue... I think they came out kinda nice..... I'll start putting it together as soon as I figure out my layout and if I want a big mat or a smaller one and side mats... oooooooooooo decisions...decisions........... lol

Not much progress on the scarf this week... but 2 blue and 2 white color blocks done... gotta get that thing done and gone since my handwork is starting to pile up..

All in all it was a productive week and hoping to have a good week this week too! Have embroidery club tuesday nite and a beginner paper piecing class on saturday to teach so I need to spend some quality time with my machines during the week...

Have a wunderful one!!

Lish


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Those bitty blocks are so cute, can't wait to play!!

Leila said...

Clickity click click. Here I am! Naughty Lish, posting blocks early! They are really great!!

Susan said...

Hey, I'm here too! FLossieB, that's my "other" name. lol

Love your bitty blocks! The cups look great and your aliens are FUN! I can't wait to see these up close!

Lishy said...

oh no!!!! you found me!! lol I can't help it... I love these bitties!!!