Friday, April 15, 2011

Early Post this week

Just so I don't forget... I'm posting early this week. Hubby and I are going away for the weekend and won't be back til late Sunday. So here's this weeks updates......

The chip scarf is done!! The first 3 blocks of the Kona Solids quiltalong are done!

3/4 of the second dishcloth for April is done!! My sewing machine cover swap is done!!

All in all a good week....... Monday I went to a Sewing Day and made a Charm Pack Challenge Block... it's a 25" block made from just one single charm pack... careful cutting is definitely required and there are just a few slivers of fabric left over.

I also made a small wallet.... it needs a button yet. It's very small and kinda cute... create for sticking in a pocket.......... it has 2 card slots, 2 pockets for cash or cards and a coin pocket with a flap that actually keeps the coins in!

Pics are posted on flickr. Can't post the sewing machine cover just yet.... I might post a small teaser next week... before I mail it........ but not the whole thing... I want to make a pinnie and add a few goodies to the package before I pop it in the mail...

Also made two springy placemats from one charm pack..... it has a really cool braid strip down the middle... which I think I'll use for other stuff too

Also have 4 of my new shower curtain blocks done. Using a layer cake and a charm pack of Dragonfly Summer for the blocks.... I'm using this block http://moosequilts.blogspot.com/2011/02/block-nine-with-jovita-goldschmidt.html
There are 4 variations from one set of block pieces..........

I also started using the Foundation by the Yard from Benartex... it's quite nice... I think it will work out just fine. I'm doing a Hunters Star which has 16 blocks and is crib size.... I may make a table runner and placemats from it........ I have 8 blocks together right now and it makes a really nice table mat...I think 4 blocks together would make a nice size place mat also... we'll see when the other blocks get done.

I'll miss my sewing this weekend but it'll be nice to spend a couple days with the Hubster.......he's taking me on a mini quilt shop hop thru Illinois... we'll spend the nite outside of Chicago saturday nite and then make a few antique shop stops on the way home........

ok.... for now... that's it I think........ I'll post a couple pics here and you can see the rest over on flickr

Have a great weekend!!





2 comments:

peawink said...

I just read that your using my block from the Moose on the Porch FQ quilt along for your shower curtain .. I would so love to see it when you've finished. Kind regards, Jovita

Lishy said...

I'll post a pic of the finished shower curtain....as soon as it's finished lol Life got in the way but I'm back at it... I hope for it to be the first UFO finish for 2012.... I sooooooo need this new curtain!