Sunday, April 10, 2011

Well NUTZ!!

Seems I did it again! Missed posting last week......... no excuse except I've been busy.... i have a lot of projects started .....again.....and now need to concentrate on finishing them up...

i got some Foundation by the Yard by Benartex.... this stuff is pretty cool. The blocks are printed on muslin... you cut the blocks and then foundation piece them just like gramma did ..... one thing i don't like is that the printing shows thru light colors... I know it will wash out... but sometimes i don't want to wash the project... so I need to think about that when I do this. I'm working on a hunters star in a thimbleberries cherry fabric and muslin... its coming along nicely. there are 16 blocks on the panel along with pictures and instructions... I have 8 blocks done and put together and I'm thinking this would make a nice table mat.... the remaining 8 blocks could be made into large square placemats and the left over fabric could become napkins........ the 16 blocks together is about crib quilt size..........

i've also been working on my shower curtain blocks... I'm using a layer cake and charm pack of dragonfly summer. I found a block pattern on line that lets me do 4 variations using the same pieces.... I have 4 of those blocks completed and I think I have an idea for the window curtain....

I got a copy of 101 patchwork projects and there are some 9 patch blocks made into a nice cafe style curtain... I think that might work for the summer...........maybe a 9 patch valance also.......... I have quite a few fabrics now for the bathroom so I'll probably start making my pieces for in there.

I'm going on a sew day tomorrow and I've gathered up some kits that have been around for a long time now.... gonna see what I can get done of those and of course I'll be taking some paper piecing along too! I have my blocks planned for May's bitty block swap!

The temp the last 2 days has been wonderful! It's in the 80's right now and a bit on the dreary side... I think there is rain and maybe a storm or two on it's way....

I have a few things on the binding pile now.... 4 mug mats...and 2 sets of placemats that were done this week......... the chip scarf is on the downhill slide now.... we are at about 3/4 finished and that will be tonites tv project.....

I completed another Lazy Girl Lily Bag and there is a miranda and a mini miranda on deck next........ might even be two mirandas...........depends on my plan.......

I guess that's it for now.... there are some pics on flickr from last week but i haven't taken any off the camera yet for this week........ I'll get to that soon....

take care

Have a great week

Lish

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Does it matter to you that most of them aren't printed on grain?

Lishy said...

so far I haven't had any problems putting them together... the one I am using... Hunters Star seems to be better than some of the other ones I got.. once it's quilted I don't think it will matter too much... but I may change my mind after I quilt and wash it....... I'll be sure to note here how it turns out......