Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sometimes Goals make me crazy!

Ok...so one of the goals for 2012 was to NOT create anymore UFO's.... let me tell you a story............ Yesterday I got the black/gold runner done…. What a flippin’ chore…. I tried doing this at retreat a couple weeks ago…. Couldn't figure out the strips……….. so I stopped…………. I finally got the strips together at home the following week… trying to keep the goal of no UFO’s for this year…………so it was a Quilt as you go deal…. Put down the strip… sew… flip… next strip…sew… flip etc…. well after three tries at that and ripping out all three tries I put it aside………..so yesterday I was determined to meet the goal and do this runner….. this time I decided to just put the top together as normal and then back and bat it…. Ok…. So the directions sucked but by using the pictures I managed…. It’s all done on the diagonal…. So there is a small block that sticks out on one side going one way and the other side going the other way…. Well I got it done………….. yay me!! So now since I have the backing and batting all ready to go….. I put it on …. Get it ironed and pinned! Woooo hooooo………. So I’m looking at how pretty the black… gold… black… gold… black …gold … white…. Gol…utoh………….. shouldn’t be white………. Dang it!!! So three rows up from the bottom…. There is a boo boo………. Now what…. Continue along and pretend I didn’t notice??? Too late… I noticed………. Put it aside for another time??? we know what will happen if I do that………..so I’m looking at this and determine that the strip itself is sewn incorrectly… the last three blocks are reversed! Ok….. so I grab the ripper…. Remove only what I have to so I can get at those three blocks…. Yes... I can hear you gasping.... Unpin only what I need to……again... I hear those gasps... lol...…take the three blocks off…. Reverse them and resew…. Resew the strips together… repin to the batting… voila!!! Done!! And beautimous!!! It’s quilted now and trimmed and ready for the binding… The binding is done .... as is the binding for the 6 placemats I'm quilting.... I have 4 more to do then I can switch feet and sew the binding on the placemats and runner and once again the WOB pile is piled high! lol I've added 4 mug rugs to the pile as well as two christmas placemats..........and 2 christmas skinny runners.. I'm leaving for PA next week so these will go in the truck with me along with the half finished ruffle scarf that go put on hold while I finished up stuff to take back east with me............ hopefully the trip will be productive!
Pics of the placemats and mugrugs are on flickr if you would like to see those too Have a safe and Happy Turkey day... Gobble til you Wobble Lish

No comments: