Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's a Wrap!

As of December 15th... Christmas 2012 is done... all sewn... wrapped...bagged and tagged and ready to be put on the chair ( we don't have a tree... the cats climb it) So now I have time to play........... so UFO # 15 gets completed and is now on the WOB pile......... the black and gold skinny runner is now complete!! I also had time to play with the PIeced Hexies...... wow! what fun that is! The Book is called Pieced Hexies and the author is coming to our Quilt Guild in January so I thought I'd get the book and play...... what fun!!!! You make pieced blocks and then do your EPP hexies with pieced blocks.... there are pics of the first two I did........ one is called Spike and the other is called Tumbler
I also had time to make up some of Embroidery Garden's tealight reindeer and santas... the tealight goes thru the nose so it flashes and changes color... too cute!!!
I'm hoping to get another UFO done yet this year........... and then finish them ALL up in 2013. I did really well this year at not creating new ones... at least not in the sewing pit.... the knitting basket, however, is another story! Perhaps I'll work on that pile next year. The WOB pile has quite a bit on it.... some placemats......the skinny runner..... and the Pocket Wall Hanging that will be going to work soon as the binding is sewn...... All in all it's been a good year............ Whatever your reason for the season.... may it be safe and healthy and happy

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I LOVE your hexies! the reindeer and santa's are adorable!